My professional career arc is
a perfectly mapped trajectory of precision chaos theory.
At times, I’ve been called the following: student, manager, consultant, computer system administrator, entrepreneur, and a typing monkey trapped in the space between creativity and business.
The last one is, perhaps, the most accurate, as I hold a B.A. in Creative Writing, a B.A. in Religious Studies, and an M.B.A.
Past adventures include:
- Co-Teaching “The Art of Visual Storytelling” at Art Center College of Design’s “Art Center at Night” evening program
- Cofounding Brain Candy, LLC, a media company which launched Runes of Gallidon
- Cofounding Transmedia L.A. (now StoryForwardLA), a monthly meetup group focused on all things (trans)media
- Starting Shared Story Worlds, a site highlighting collaborative commercial entertainment properties
- Cocreating Star Wars Remix, a site encouraging fans to remix their world
- Serving on the Advisory Council for the 2011 and 2012 StoryWorld Conferences
- Designing and producing two original LARPs (and co-designing a third one)
Past speaking engagements include:
- Digital Book World
- Walt Disney Imagineering
- DIY Days L.A.
- Digital Asset Management
- Whitewater Films Roundtable
I’ve also had articles published by Digital Book World and Ontologica.
Outside of the media space, I have started two finance companies (sold one, still running the other) and worked in several industries, including telecom, consulting, and retail.