My career arc is
a precision-designed, perfectly mapped trajectory of professionalism the definition of chaos theory.
At times, I’ve been called the following (among other things): student, manager, consultant, computer system administrator, entrepreneur, and a typing monkey trapped in the space between creativity and business.
The last one is perhaps the most accurate. I hold a B.A. in Creative Writing, a B.A. in Religious Studies, and an M.B.A.
I’m currently a writer, storyteller, and world builder. My author website is scottiswriting.com.
When I’m not being a typing monkey, I teach part-time at Art Center College of Design in their Art Center Extension program.
Past adventures include:
- Cofounding Brain Candy, LLC, a media company which launched Runes of Gallidon
- Cofounding Transmedia L.A. (now StoryForwardLA), a monthly meetup group focused on all things (trans)media
- Starting Shared Story Worlds, a site highlighting collaborative commercial entertainment properties
- Cocreating Star Wars Remix, a site encouraging fans to remix their world
- Serving on the Advisory Council for the 2011 and 2012 StoryWorld Conferences
- Designing and producing two original LARPs (and co-designing a third one)
Past speaking engagements/interviews include:
- Digital Book World
- Publishing Perspectives
- Walt Disney Imagineering
- DIY Days L.A.
- Business Insider
- Digital Asset Management
- Whitewater Films Roundtable
I’ve also had articles published by Digital Book World and Ontologica.
Outside of the media space, I’ve started and sold two finance companies and worked in the telecom, consulting, and retail industries.