My career arc is
a precision-designed, perfectly mapped trajectory of professionalism the definition of chaos theory.
At times, I’ve been called the following (among other things): student, manager, consultant, computer system administrator, entrepreneur, and a typing monkey trapped in the space between creativity and business.
The last one is, perhaps, the most accurate, as I hold a B.A. in Creative Writing, a B.A. in Religious Studies, and an M.B.A.
I’m currently a writer, storyteller, and world builder.
When I’m not being a typing monkey, I teach part-time at Art Center College of Design in their Art Center at Night program.
Past adventures include:
- Cofounding Brain Candy, LLC, a media company which launched Runes of Gallidon
- Cofounding Transmedia L.A. (now StoryForwardLA), a monthly meetup group focused on all things (trans)media
- Starting Shared Story Worlds, a site highlighting collaborative commercial entertainment properties
- Cocreating Star Wars Remix, a site encouraging fans to remix their world
- Serving on the Advisory Council for the 2011 and 2012 StoryWorld Conferences
- Designing and producing two original LARPs (and co-designing a third one)
Past speaking engagements/interviews include:
- Digital Book World
- Publishing Perspectives
- Walt Disney Imagineering
- DIY Days L.A.
- Business Insider
- Digital Asset Management
- Whitewater Films Roundtable
I’ve also had articles published by Digital Book World and Ontologica.
Outside of the media space, I have started two finance companies (sold one, still running the other) and worked in the telecom, consulting, and retail industries.